Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Personal Site. Fan-fiction writing and role-play only for current members of site. THIS IS CURRENTLY AN INVITE ONLY FORUM!

Starting the Process

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Aminta Amaya

Aminta Amaya

Starting the Process Empty
PostSubject: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Chief Lothbrok sat in the dining hall on his seat as he looked around. He watched as his men celebrated while he waited for his daughters to come in. The women that were around were walking and laughing trying to get men to take home. The process to finally choose husbands for his two daughters was going to begin.

In a room with a large fireplace and a bed covered in rich furs was four figures. Two animals and two women. The women were both very beautiful. The shorter one sat drinking some ale as she ran her fingers through her companion's, a large wolf hound-wolf mix dog, and studied the flames. blazing in the fireplace.
Back to top Go down
Killiope Friar
Admin
Killiope Friar

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 1:46 am

The other, Aesa, stood along side the fire place, her hand placed lazily upon it as she stared into the fire, her blue eyes almost clear and emotionless. Her plump lips scrunched together as she her mind wondered about what today would embark. She was neither excited nor dreadful of the day, however her own companion purred as it nuzzled her leg wanting her attention.

Aesa looked down and sighed. "Stoi leave me alone for now."
Back to top Go down
https://dreaming-out-loud.forumotion.com
Aminta Amaya

Aminta Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:39 am

Rika looked at her sister with a soft sigh. "We should go." She stood up putting her empty goblet on the table and picked up her fur cloak.

Back to top Go down
Killiope Friar
Admin
Killiope Friar

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:41 am

"Must we? I'm sure father would understand." Aesa said making no move to follow her sister.
Back to top Go down
Aminta Amaya

Aminta Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:46 am

Rika looked at her. "Aesa we have to. Unfortunately we told father we would allow him to continue with this." She sighed softly. "We have to accept they aren't coming back. It's been four winters since they have been gone."

Rika of course was talking about the two men that the girls had originally wanted as their husbands. The two were strong men and worthy warriors but on a raid four years ago they disappeared. No one knew what happened to them and assumed that they had died. Though both girls had the shields that their lovers had left behind.
Back to top Go down
Killiope Friar
Admin
Killiope Friar

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:55 am

"They might be still alive Rika! We can't just give up on them...they are coming back...they have to." Aesa pleaded more to herself than her sister.

Aesa was a hard person to get along with, and she knew that. But the one man to not care and loved the challenge she gave him, won her heart. And to lose him was the most distraught thing to happen to her.
Back to top Go down
Aminta Amaya

Aminta Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:00 am

"Asea I want them alive I do but our duty to our father and to Father Thor is to marry and produce the next generation." Rika whispered. "I miss them too. I miss seeing you happy but we have a duty."
Back to top Go down
Killiope Friar
Admin
Killiope Friar

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:03 am

"Screw duty." She turned to her sister fully, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I have done what has been asked of me my entire life without fight or arguments. I have given our fathers every bit of respect. And I trust everything they say, but this...just moving on...I can not Rika."
Back to top Go down
Aminta Amaya

Aminta Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:09 am

She gripped her sister's hands and looked up at her. "Keep him in your heart as I keep Einar in mine. I'm not saying give whoever you choose your heart or your soul or your beautiful mind. Just give your body to him so that we can full fill our duty."

Rika's stormy colored eyes stared into her sister's. She showed her all the pain, love, anger, and loneliness that she had been feeling since she found out that she had lost Einar.
Back to top Go down
Killiope Friar
Admin
Killiope Friar

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:12 am

Aesa sighed and dropped her head at the sight for just a second before looking back at her sister to share her own feelings. "I know my body is only a vessel to my true self, but it still hurts to know I am giving it to some one other than Gardar."
Back to top Go down
Aminta Amaya

Aminta Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:20 am

"I know this. I know it better than anyone besides Father Thor. Maybe we will get lucky and die an honorable death then we can be by their sides again in Valhalla." Rika watched her then let her hands go. "Come father must not be kept waiting." She turned motioning for her companion. "Come Gimli."

The animal followed his mistress towards the door.

Chief Lothbrok continued sitting glancing to the door for any sign that his daughters would be joining him.
Back to top Go down
Killiope Friar
Admin
Killiope Friar

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:24 am

She sighed and felt Stoi rubbed against her again. "You are very stubborn my friend, but we must go as Rika said. Come."

She followed her shorter sister, not paying attention to what was going on around her.
Back to top Go down
Aminta Amaya

Aminta Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:26 am

The hall fell silent as the two women walked in.

Chief Lothbrok stood up. "Daughters glad you made it."

Rika smiled slightly at him. "Father."
Back to top Go down
Killiope Friar
Admin
Killiope Friar

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:28 am

Aesa bowed slightly at her father to show respect. She was less spoke than Rika at times. Though she did have her outgoing moments.

"Sorry we were late."
Back to top Go down
Aminta Amaya

Aminta Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:32 am

"You are here now." He stated and looked around the hall. "As you all know my daughters are choosing their husbands from a select group. We will start with the process of eliminations at the beginning of our festival for Thor."

Rika watched as the men cheered before taking her seat on the left side of her father's chair.
Back to top Go down
Killiope Friar
Admin
Killiope Friar

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:35 am

Aesa took her seat as well, her's being on the right sight side of their father. She knew Thor as her creator, but Chief Lothbrok had just as much influence over them. She loved them both even at their worst moments.

"So father, how was your morning?"
Back to top Go down
Aminta Amaya

Aminta Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:38 am

"It was well. Have you two had the chance to give your gifts to Thor?"

The two always started their day by going to the small temple dedicated to Thor and giving him some kind of offering before they had their breakfast.

Rika shook her head. "Not as of yet."
Back to top Go down
Killiope Friar
Admin
Killiope Friar

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:40 am

"Have had alot on my mind this morning. I will later in the day." She said looking down.
Back to top Go down
Aminta Amaya

Aminta Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:43 am

"That will be fine girls make sure you do. You know your other father enjoys getting your offerings."

Rika smiled slightly and watched as the food was brought out. She noticed the stares her and her sister were getting but ignored it.
Back to top Go down
Killiope Friar
Admin
Killiope Friar

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:56 am

Aesa just had to look at her sister's actions and know what she was thinking. She leaned over some and whispered. "Don't let them get to you."

Back to top Go down
Aminta Amaya

Aminta Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:59 am

"They're fucking pigs." She whispered back. "They stare at us, some with women on their laps. Why are they being so blunt about it. I mean I know Einar and Gardar were both blunt with us about what they wanted but at least they kept their lustful looks where we couldn't see them and never had women around them when they were pursuing us."

Gimli growled some at a guy that got too close to his mistress reeking of ale already.
Back to top Go down
Killiope Friar
Admin
Killiope Friar

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:07 am

"Let them. It just shows us who we are not to chose. I rather a bold liar than an a slimy and creepy drunk." Aesa said. Gardar loved his ale but at least he was upfront to her from the get go.

She looked at Gimli, "Down boy." She smiled.
Back to top Go down
Aminta Amaya

Aminta Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:13 am

Gimli huffed and laid back down.

Rika laughed softly. "Yes that is true." She smiled somberly knowing she was going to compare every man to the warrior that held her heart and she knew no one compared. "So how should we have them prove themselves."

"Hunts, mock battles, and endurance tests." Chief Lothbrok stated.
Back to top Go down
Killiope Friar
Admin
Killiope Friar

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:16 am

Aesa chuckled at her father. "They way you speak is as if you want them fighting over you father." She teased.
Back to top Go down
Aminta Amaya

Aminta Amaya

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:18 am

He chuckled. He loved his daughters and was blessed that Thor gave them to him. "Possibly."

Rika shook her head. "Father you are still full of bloodlust."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting the Process   Starting the Process Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting the Process
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Vikings :: Area 1-
Jump to: